MSc Food Bioscience
Demand is growing across the world for experts in food science, and GCU’s MSc Food Bioscience produces highly trained graduates to meet this demand. Through this programme, you will explore the fascinating world of food science and gain the skills for a rewarding career.
Whether by ensuring high standards in food safety, innovating preservation techniques, or boosting nutrition in kids’ favourite foods, there are so many ways for food scientists to make a positive impact and support the common good.
The curriculum puts science first and educates students on the classical aspects of food science.
- Understand the inner workings of the food industry
- Learn what you’ll need to know to succeed in a food industry career
- Develop independent investigative skills through a laboratory-based research project
|Duration:||1 year (full-time)|
|Tuition Fee:||£12,600 (intl. students)|
The department is home to a UKAS-accredited food science laboratory that supports practical investigation and real-world impact, contributing to the common good in our field and our community.
Our well-regarded faculty pursue a wide range of food science research:
- Food microbiology
- Food chemistry and composition
- Food texture and properties
- Food product development
- Carbohydrate biosynthesis
- Chemical and physical aspects of food
- Nutritional properties
As an expert in food science with practical, career-focused training, your job prospects will be excellent. Graduates can find work in a variety of areas, including food manufacturing, food processing, new product development and research, food safety process development, quality assurance and marketing.
Get Started Today!
Fill out this form to request more info on tuition, course details and more.
What I have enjoyed most about studying at GCU is the lectures given by professors who are helpful and most importantly are professionals in each of the chosen fields. This made us look forward to the lectures where we learned a lot of relevant and up to date information. The way professors include students into the lesson was very motivating as well.
MBA Luxury Brand Management
- Food Science
- Skills for Professional Practice for Biosciences
- Food Commodities
- Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Project and Workshop
- Food Quality and Safety Assurance
- Instrumental Techniques for Food Analysis
- Food Toxicology