MSc Environmental Management (Waste, Energy, Water, Oil and Gas)
Environmental challenges require complex solutions, bringing together scientific, social, political and economic perspectives. GCU’s MSc Environmental Management will provide you with the interdisciplinary perspective and diverse skillset to help solve environmental problems in a leadership role. You can help your community manage environmental concerns responsibly, making a positive impact and supporting the common good.
The programme is accredited by the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM), the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI). With the endorsement of four prestigious professional organisations, the MSc Environmental Management offers a respected credential that’s relevant to employers around the world.
|Duration:||1 year (full-time)|
|Tuition Fee:||£12,600 (intl. students)|
You’ll have the option to complete a general programme – giving you a broad understanding across a wide range of environmental disciplines – or choose among four pathways for specialisation.
- Waste – As society strives to use resources more efficiently, we must ensure waste is properly and safely managed. You’ll study sustainable waste management, contaminated land and landfill engineering, reuse and recycling in the manufacturing sector and more.
- Energy – Global demand for energy has significant environmental implications, and renewable energy is just one part of a broader strategy. You’ll explore energy technology, renewable energy, and building and energy performance.
- Water – Communities depend on clean, plentiful water to survive, but there are water resource challenges around the world. You’ll study treatment requirements for the water cycle, policy frameworks for managing supply, international policy, wastewater treatment and more.
- Oil and Gas – Oil and gas operations pose environmental challenges, particularly off-shore operations. You’ll learn about minimising the impact of emissions from oil production, exploring for oil and gas, and environmental regulations.
As a graduate of GCU’s MSc Environmental Management, you’ll have excellent career prospects in both the public and private sectors. Past graduates have found work with organisations such as the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), international consulting companies including Carl Bro Group, ERS Land Regeneration and Valpak, and other government agencies and consulting firms.
Get Started Today!
Fill out this form to request more info on tuition, course details and more.
Academic work in the MSc is practical and relates to real life challenges. Finding solutions for them was enjoyable.
MSc Energy and Environmental Management
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Climate Change and Carbon Management
- Energy Technology
- GIS and Environmental Management
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Water Quality and Waste Water Treatment
- Building and Energy Performance Simulation
- Sustainable Waste Management