MSc Diabetes Care and Management
Diabetes is on the rise worldwide. Healthcare professionals with expertise in diabetes care are in high demand. The work is challenging but rewarding, and the field needs talented professionals with a real commitment to the common good.
GCU’s MSc Diabetes Care and Management will prepare you to advance your career with confidence – and help people in your community enjoy healthier, more fulfilling lives.
The MSc Diabetes Care and Management is multidisciplinary, bringing together key insights from multiple fields. You’ll learn about best practices in diabetes care and management from a broad range of perspectives.
- Understand the biology of the disease
- Learn about preventing, diagnosing and managing diabetes
- Recognise diabetes complications
- Explore the latest research in the field
- Survey up-to-date advances in management and care
- Acquire the skills to collaborate on active research
|Duration:||16 months (full-time)|
|Starting Date:||September, January|
|Tuition Fee:||£12,600 (intl. students)|
Hands-on research is an essential part of the programme. You’ll join a team of hard-working healthcare professionals exploring important questions in diabetes research.
What kind of research?
- Obesity and vascular changes in type 2 diabetes Adipocyte pathophysiology in diabetes
- Diabetes and the fetoplacental circulation
- Novel in-vitro methods of assessing vascular function in health and disease
- Alteration of vascular reactivity by insulin and cortisol
- Effect of glucose concentration on blood vessel contractibility
Keeping the programme career-focused, our top six students undertake a short clinical attachment at a local hospital. This opportunity helps them solidify their skills and make a positive impact on patients in a real-world setting.
Our graduates go on to do good work in general practice, hospitals and industry. Some choose to study for the UK General Medical Council exams (PLAB 1 and 2) and go on to work in the NHS.
Get Started Today!
Fill out this form to request more info on tuition, course details and more.
What I have enjoyed most about studying at GCU is the lectures given by professors who are helpful and most importantly are professionals in each of the chosen fields. This made us look forward to the lectures where we learned a lot of relevant and up to date information. The way professors include students into the lesson was very motivating as well.
MBA Luxury Brand Management
- Diabetes Care: A Multi Professional Approach
- Pathophysiology and Therapeutics of Diabetes
- The Lower Limb and Foot in Diabetes – Evaluation of Risk
- Skills for Professional Practice for Health Sciences
- Chronic Complications of Diabetes
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Management of Diabetes
- Supporting Anticipatory Care for Long Term Conditions Management (Diabetes)
- Reflective Work-based Practice