MSc 3D Design for Virtual Environments
3D visualisation and animation play a role in many areas, and the popularity of these media just keeps growing. Digital animation provides the eye-catching special effects in the 21st century’s favourite films and television shows; 3D design is also essential to everyday work in everything from computer games development, online virtual world development and industrial design to marketing, product design and architecture.
GCU’s programme in 3D Design for Virtual Environments will help you develop the skills to thrive in a successful career as a visual designer. The programme is practical and career-focused, oriented towards current industry needs, technology and practice. No prior knowledge of 3D design is required.
The curriculum will help you build your creative vision and technical skills as a 3D designer.
- Explore the use of video and animation in digital video, multimedia and web publishing
- Experiment with interactive media types and techniques
- Sharpen your skills in creative thinking and generating ideas
- Master digital video production and digital media integration techniques
- Gain pre-production skills like planning, storyboarding and conceptualising
- Practise production skills like 3D modelling, animation, lighting and rendering
- Develop post-production skills in video editing and integrating 2D and 2D visuals
- Work with cutting-edge computer applications and digital environments
|Duration:||1 year (full-time)|
|Tuition Fee:||£12,600 (intl. students)|
At GCU, you’ll join a friendly community of smart, talented people who love the work they do. People who love to take on a creative challenge and are just as happy to collaborate as they are to compete. People who look for ways to support the common good and make the world a more beautiful, welcoming place.
Our mission is producing graduates who have the skills to make a positive impact with their work – and the perspective to understand why it matters.
As a graduate of the 3D Design for Virtual Environments programme, you’ll bring a specialised skill set and needed expertise to any design-related role. A background in 3D design is especially important for a design career in advertising, communication, publishing or online marketing. You’ll be a competitive candidate for these design roles and more.
Get Started Today!
Fill out this form to request more info on tuition, course details and more.
The University has a visionary games programme, loaded with an amazing faculty and students, with the focus on not just preparing people to work in the incredible game industry of today but priming them to influence the industry of tomorrow.
Unchartered Designer and GCU Honourary Graduate
- Digital Media Technology and Development
- Digital Video and Motion Graphics
- Digital Media Publishing and Commercialisation
- Digital Portfolio and Industrial Production Techniques
- Research and Project Methods
- MSc Project